People a faced with challenges trying to install F# interactive plugin for Notepad++ (example). I am not an exception, going through all of this I want to share my experience.
- First of all download latest version of the Notepad++ and install it (default installation settings). For today it is Notepad++ 6.1.5 (Jul 16 2012)
- Download NPPFSIPlugin Version 0.1.1.
- Extract dll from achieve and copy it to Notepad++\plugins\ folder. On the my Win7 64bit machine it is c:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\.
- Open or re-open you Notepad++ application.
- Go to Plugins\F# Interactive\Options menu item.
- Specify Binary Path to fsi.exe file.
F# 2.0 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft F#\v4.0\fsi.exe
F# 3.0 – C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\F#\3.0\Framework\v4.0\fsi.exe
Before use this paths check that you you have installed appropriate version of F# in that
- Save you changes. Now it should work.
Alt+T to open F# interactive
Alt+Enter to to send selected text to F# Interactive
It is also very nice to have a F# syntax highlighting.
- Download xml file with user definition language for Notepad++ from here or here.
- Rename file to userDefineLang.xml.
- Replace ext=”fs” to ext=”fs fsi fsx” in the file.
- Copy this file to %APPDATA%\Notepad++\ folder. (for more details go here )
Path should be like this : C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++
- Restart Notepad++.
Note: If you already have such file open both. (instructions is copied from here)
- Select all of the new file, copy, and paste at the end of the current file
- Delete </NotepadPlus><NotepadPlus> pair in the middle (remove 2 lines)
P.S. Post moved from http://sergey-tihon.blogspot.com/
Cool presentation about FS4SP:
This is task appeared when I needed to migrate SharePoint site collection from one farm to another.
First time we had used SharePoint 2010 back up mechanism, but this approach hard enough. We had a lot of errors during restore: broken connector, errors with content hub, access problems and so on. Every such restoration has brought new errors. We could not document restore process well enough.But then we have found new way of migration.
Migration guide simple and short:
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and create back of Managed Metadata Service’s database (every Managed Metadata Service has their own database. Database name is something like this “Managed Metadata Service_0eb8ebdccb234c5ea23e677d816e845f”)
- Restore database from this backup into new farm to database of another Managed Metadata Service.
Keep in the mind, that you can not create two Managed Metadata Services in the one farm this way, because the Guid of the service store directly in the database. After such restore you can work with just one service.
Some time ago I found interesting CodePlex project SharePoint 2010 Service Manager. Looks pretty nice and it seems easier than to run scripts every time. Sometimes there are some bugs when application can not start service.
Replaceable parameters, can be used inside project files to provide values for SharePoint solution items whose actual values are not known at design time. For more information, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee231545.aspx.
Update : Added a new blog post with a code fix of this issue – “Navigation hierarchies and key filters with slide library : Code Fix“
Some month ago I encountered with a problem of using Navigation Hierarchies and Key Filters with Slides Library. I was added the Managed Matadata field to my slides library and turned on the Navigation Hierarchies and Key Filters on the Library Settings page and nothing happened. But the same sequence of actions works with Document Library.
In SharePoint’s logs I had found following record:
MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[…]. Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list. 265d58e5-27f4-40a3-8ab5-4b80013588ab
I have placed my problem to MSDN SharePoint 2010 Forum : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010general/thread/a7970e71-6895-4751-a2be-d9043c9ddd6c but it did not help me =)
We have found the solution of this problem and I will try share it to you.
Let’s open default view page of the slide library in the SharePoint Designed 2010.
And what we see? Default view page which was generated by default slide library template contains old ListViewWebPart. We need to replace this web part on the new XsltListViewWebPart .
I propose you the way to do it without using any custom utils except SharePoint web UI.
- Open the Slide Library and click Site Actions\Edit Page.
- Choose a web part and click Edit Web Part.
- Change the Selected View property from <Current view> to <Summary view>. And click OK but do not click Apply.
- Click OK in the popup window.
- Click the name of your library into the left navigation panel.
Now you can open the view in the SharePoint Designer 2010 and see that web part was changed.
Navigation Hierarchies and Key Filters also working.
P.S. Thank to Aliaksandr Haurylik
If you want to be able create new Silverlight 4 applications in Visual Studio 2010 you need to install Silverlight 4 Tool
If you want debug Silverlight application, you need to uninstall current version of Silverlight before installation Silverlight Tools. During the installation on your machine will be installed developers version of Silverlight.
PowerShell scripts to start and to stop SharePoint 2010 on the local developers machine.
Article about scripts: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emberger/archive/2009/11/16/stop-and-go-with-sharepoint-2010-on-your-workstation.aspx
You can download scripts directly here.