This post is intended for F# developers, first of all, to show the big picture of The World of F# Type Providers. Here you can find the list of articles/posts about building type providers, list of existing type providers, which probably wait your help and list of open opportunities.
List of materials that can be useful if you want to create a new one:
- Tutorial: Creating a Type Provider (F#)
- Type Providers
- “Programming F# 3.0” by Chris Smith
- “F# for C# Developers” by Tao Liu
- F# Type Provider Template
- Building Type Providers – Part 1
- Self Note: Debug Type Provider
- How do I create an F# Type Provider that can be used from C#?
- F#3.0 – Strongly-Typed Language Support for Internet-Scale Information Sources
List of available type providers:
- F# 3.0 Sample Pack
- FCell Type Provider
- CYOA(Choose Your Own Adventure type provider)
- FSharp.Data.SqlCommandTypeProvider (NuGet)
- European Union Open Data Portal
- HTTP APIs
Please let me know if I missed something.
Update 1: Build-in Tsunami type providers were added.
Update 2: SqlCommand and Azure were added.