There are two good news for all F# NLP lovers.
News #1: Using The Stanford Parser from F# is easier than it has ever been.
From now, the latest version(v18.104.22.168) of The Stanford Parser is available on Nuget.
All you need to do is:
- Install-Package FSharp.NLP.Stanford.Parser
- Download models from The Stanford NLP Group site.
- Extract models from ‘stanford-parser-3.2.0-models.jar‘ (just unzip it)
- You are ready to start.
If you need examples, please look at my previous post ‘NLP: Stanford Parser with F# (.NET)‘.
News #2: FSharp.NLP.Stanford.Parser is first ever attempt to build strongly typed, self descriptive Penn Treebank II Tags model using power of F# Discriminated Unions and Active Patterns.
- All parts of speech tags and bracket labels are typed and contain informative description.
- All types are ready for pattern matching.
Enjoy it and feel free to share your feedback.