Welcome to F# Weekly,
This is an anniversary edition of F# Weekly, we are together for 5 amazing years! Thank you for reading F# Weekly and for all your contribution to the community.
By tradition, in order to celebrate this date, I ask you to join “F# Advent Calendar in English 2017” and make this year Advent unbelievably cool, once again!
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Visual Studio 2017 version 15.4.1
- Announcing the .NET Framework 4.7.1
- Upvote if you like VisualF# to be more responsive
- Experiment with Azure for FREE!
- RyuJIT Just-in-Time Compiler Optimization Enhancements
- Using F# to change the way we work – Jon Harrop
- Minimum Viable Products: The Serverless Way with Azure Functions and F# – Anthony Brown
- Free .NET Training – The Videos from .NET Conf 2017 are now available
- .NET Summit 2017 Belarus Videos
- F# – Cognitive Services Translator Text API – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- F# Humor (kinda) – Boris
- Desert Code Camp 2017 – Jon Nyman
- A Monad Writer for F# – Nicolas A Perez
- Creating and Printing a TypeScript AST from Fable – Cameron Taggart
- Creating Generic Wrappers for Validated Values – Robert Kuzelj
- Getting started with programming and getting absolutely nowhere (Part 14) – Elliott V. Brown
- What are the advantages of F# over C# – Jon Harrop
- F# introduction for my coworkers
A quick, dirty, and mostly wrong introduction to F# – Simen Endsjø
- FSharp.TypeProviders.SDK develops
Open source projects
- FsRover – Raspberry PI robot powered with FSharp
- TypeShape – Practical generic programming for F#
- FSharpHttpCore – F# Http trigger function for Functions 2.0
- FSharpHttpFull – Example of F# Azure Function using WebJobs attributes to auto-generate function.json
- xsvim – Vim emulation layer for Xamarin Studio / Visual Studio for Mac
- elmish-login-flow-validation – Elmish sample that demonstrates a login flow with user input validation
- FSCBenchmark – Benchmarks for the F# compiler
- New release of Ionide plugin! Fixes around UX, adding `Restore` commands to project explorer. And making go-to-symbol in workspace faster! Adding some new diagnostic and quick fixes – unused opens, unused declarations, simplify name.
- fez – v0.1.0-alpha.1
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #42