Welcome to F# Weekly,
This is an anniversary edition of F# Weekly, we are together for 4 amazing years! Thank you for reading F# Weekly and for all your contribution to the community.
By tradition, in order to celebrate this date, I ask you to join “F# Advent Calendar in English 2016” and make this year Advent unbelievably cool, once again!
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Contribute to the list of awesome F# projects.
- .NET Core Tooling in Visual Studio “15”
- VisualStudio 15 has two-level better support for Go and Java than F#
- New SwaggerProvider site is published!
- F# on livecoding.tv
- Expecto (a smooth testing framework for F#) was announced.
- The week in .NET – Bond – The Gallery
- ServiceStack is now available on .NET Core!
- yo aspnet (generator-aspnet) now supports creating F# projects
- Deploying F# Suave web app to Azure using Flynn – Zohaib Rauf
- Partial classification active pattern – Vicenç García-Altés
- Making Users into Agents (A Persistence Layer Takes Shape) – Ernest Pazera
- More F# colors in the terminal – Julien Roncaglia
- F# – Basic Merkle Tree – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- Writing a PNG Decoder in F#, Part I – Steve Hawley
- Writing a PNG Decoder in F#, Part II– Steve Hawley
- An Agent CRUD Business Layer (and FINALLY getting to move onto other things!) – Ernest Pazera
- Building Services Using Functional Language: Why? and How? – Nikhil Barthwal
- Functional programming is a tool for thought, imperative programming is a tool for hacking – Victor Baybekov
- Populating a World, Part One – Sites – Ernest Pazera
- A Tale in Which Seq.zip and Seq.map Let Me Down and Make Me Run to the Arms of List.zip and List.map – Ernest Pazera
- Get MAD with Outliers with an Improved Median Function – Anthony Lloyd
- Implementing Spark Apps in F# using Mobius – Kaarthik
- Working CryptoPals challenges in F# – Taylor Wood
- F# SQLProvider+SQLite on the Raspberry Pi – John Reynolds
- Introducing C# script runner for .NET Core and .NET CLI – Filip W
- Exploring ServiceStack’s simple and fast web services on .NET Core – Scott Hanselman
- F# compiler speeds up
- fslang.uservoice.com moved to GitHub
- F# templates for Azure Functions now merged
- Recently proposed ideas:
Open source projects
- expecto – A smooth testing framework for F# with colourful printing (future: proper diffing, parallel tests by default) and frequent releases and a nice expectation API.
- vagabond – A runtime assembly management library
- SuaveMusicStore is modified to work with PostgreSQL (rather than Ms/Sql)
- fsharpperf – A set of performance test scripts for the F# compiler
- fstoml – Lightweight TOML based F# project file
- w10wheel.net – Mouse Wheel Simulator
- Ionide 2.8.0:
- Send project references to FSI
- Generate script with references
- Nicer tooltips formatting
- FSharpApiSearch 2.0.0 – fsdn.azurewebsites.net
- Expecto Expecto 1.0.4
- Xamarin.Android .FSharp.ResourceProvider 18.104.22.168
- LanguageExt.FSharp 1.9.4
- Logary v4.0.160
- FSharp.SRGen.Build .Tasks 3.1.0
- Amazingant.FSharp.TypeExpansion 0.7.1
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #42