Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- The 2016 general election campaign is now underway! Ask questions of the Board candidates
- Advanced Pattern Matching Features Removed From C# 7
- New Fable web site!
- New command in Paket 3 beta: “generate-include-scripts” allows you to create .fsx loads scripts
- Facebook is announced Reason (a new interface to OCaml) – a highly expressive dialect of the ML language featuring type inference and static type checking.
- The week in .NET – 5/16/2016
- Anders Hejlsberg on Modern Compiler Construction
- Fable Quick start guide with Alfonso Garcia-Caro
- Property-based testing with F# and FsCheck with Dawson Kroeker
- A dive into Cloud<‘T> – Eirik Tsarpalis
- Episode 205: Azure Functions with Chris Anderson
- Getting started with Fable and Webpack – Krzysztof Cieślak
- Migrating from NuGet to Paket in Visual Studio – Michael Szul
- Bowling Kata in Clojure, F# and Scala – Sandro Mancuso
- Linear Regression from Scratch using Linear Algebra – Dr Crook
- Dynamic Recursive API with F# – Lauri Taimila
- Let’s learn how to chart – prahasikblog
- Setup your environment to build an Android app with Xamarin.Forms in F# – Kimserey Lam
- Modularity from Lazy Evaluation – Performance Testing – Anthony Lloyd
- Introduction to Functional Programming – David Raab
- FSharp.Data and Unit Testing – Jan Fajfr
- Dockerizing Suave Music Store on mono – Tomasz Heimowski
- F# Mentorship program – carsten jørgensen
- The broken promise of static typing – Daniel Lebrero
- TIE fighter FsCheck properties – Mark Seemann
- Releasing F# Language Documentation as Open-Source
- The MSDN docs for Symbol and Operator Reference
- Calling FsInteractiveService via HTTP
- Suave running in .NET Core rc2 inside a docker container
- Recently proposed ideas:
Open source projects
- genit – A cross-platform website generator and server using F#, Suave and PostgreSQL.
- FSharp.Data.GraphQL – FSharp implementation of Facebook GraphQL query language
- Atropos -machine learning models in F#
- fable-hotload – Code from Getting-Started-with-Fable-and-Webpack by Krzysztof Cieslak (F# transpiled to JS with Fable compiler). Webpack devserver, hotload etc included
- Visual F# PowerTools 2.5.0 with initial support for VS 15 and a couple of bug fixes
- FsXaml for WPF 2.1.0
- New F# FSI Panel for AtomEditor got released.
- Ionide F# 1.7.0 for VS Code. Forge integration (fsproj handling) and multiple fixes.
- Gjallarhorn.Bindable.Wpf 0.0.2-beta1
- FSharpApiSearch 0.3.0-beta
- FSharp.Object.Diff 0.3.0
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #20
One thought on “F# Weekly #21, 2016”