Do not miss the chance to visit F# eXchange 2016 to hear about latest news from F# world and meet with F# Legends: Don Syme, Andrew Cherry, Felienne Hermans, Michael Newton, Vicenç Garcia-Altes , Krzysztof Cieślak, Mark Seemann, Evelina Gabasova, Tomas Petricek, Steffen Forkmann, Colin Bull, Scott Wlaschin, Anton Tcholakov, Ross McKinlay, Andrea Magnorsky and others.
Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# is #1 Top Paying Tech Worldwide (and most loved .NET language)!
- If you have F# on your resume, you’re in a good position for higher pay
- Jet.com riding F# is the fastest unicorn that was able to rise 1B in 4 month!
- New Pluralsight course from Liam McLennan: F# Fundamentals (The section on FParsec was a nice bonus)
- F# courses at Pluralsight are very well rated
- This is happening: debugging node apps in F#!
- The week in .NET – 3/15/2016
- New release of Ionide for VS Code. Supporting rename and finding references across multiple projects.
- How would you like to create React HTML elements in Fable?
- Open Sourcing the Visual Studio Productivity Power Tools
- Building Reactive Services Using Functional Programming – Rachel Reese
- NET Machine Learning: F# and Accord.NET – Alena Hall
- Functional Reactive Programming with NUI – Riccardo Terrell
- WebSharper LiveData Enabling Modular Persistence for Reactive Data Models in F# Client-Server Web Applications – Loic Denuziere
- Coding f#un – Mike Harris
- Recording and Slides for F# DSLs talk at F# |> Bristol – Yan Cui
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 27 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 28 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 29 – Ernest Pazera
- GPUs and DSLs for Life Insurance Modeling – Peter Sestoft
- Earthquake scrapping with a type provider – Edgar Sánchez
- Functional architecture is Ports and Adapters – Mark Seemann
- Prototyping web app made easy with WebSharper Warp – Kimserey Lam
- An F# rewrite of a fully refactored C# Clean Code example – Functional Software .NET
- F# syntax highlighting dark-theme coloring scheme for VS-2015 with Visual F# Power Tools – Functional Software .NET
- Moving the BPN logic from C# to F# [Desiderius part #13] – Felienne
- Recently created F# Language Design RFCs:
- Recently proposed ideas:
Open source projects
- MessageRouter – A CQRS (Event-driven) message router in F#
- Conductor – Composable data validation for F#
- YoutrackGitlab – A bridge which posts comments created on commits in Gitlab to Youtrack using webhooks
- FSharp.AWS.DynamoDB – F# wrapper API for AWS DynamoDB
- Hornbill – Easily create fake HTTP endpoints for integration testing
- Paket 2.53 with lots of bug fixes, C++ support is getting better.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #11