Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F#TV Gazette February edition (Sign up here for early access to the gazette)
- Join the F#ools’ Day Party and destroy the myth that “F# is for Math and Science”!
- Meet FsUnitTyped for NUnit – statically typed operators for your unit tests. Please try it and share your thoughts!
- New F# REPL is coming (2).
- New F# Book: F# for Machine Learning Essentials
- Chapter 4 (State machines) of Reactive Applications with Akka.Net is now available through MEAP
- Beta: Start Programming With F# Today
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient TypeProvider now uses statically parameterized methods
- Lot of new up-for-grabs issues in fsprojects/Forge
- The week in .NET – 3/8/2016
- Path to F# and NGO Fraudbuster with Jacqueline Homan
- F# with .NET Core and CLI with Enrico Sada
- On .NET 3/3/2016 – Rachel Reese on F# at Jet.com
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 25 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 26 – Ernest Pazera
- Type Provider Pro-Tip: Using Dictionary – Michael Newton
- Converting a DSL to Executable F# Code On-the-Fly, Part 2 – Mathias Brandewinder
- Building Emulators in F# – Dave Thomas
- Events for Distributed Real-Time Computation – Kaitlynn Reid
- Why F#? – Karthik Chintala
- GPUs and Domain Specific Languages for Life Insurance Modeling – Daniel Egloff
- Sneak preview of upcoming AleaGPU version 3 – Daniel Egloff
- Cross-platform F# developers get a dose of Ionide – Paul Krill
- Create forms with Websharper.Forms -Kimserey Lam
- How to Daxif, plug-in synchronization (technical stuff) – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- Playing in F# [Desiderius part 11] – felienne
- Created F# Language Design RFCs:
- Recently proposed ideas:
- add a keyword for module-local construction but public deconstruction of types
- Support partial record prototypes
- Code clarity: Make syntax for sequence expressions as simple as syntax for lists
- Code clarity: To change the default value returned by function Unchecked.defaultof<string> to “” from null
- Make Set.count O(1)
- Add Map.count
- Allow record inheritance / multiple “inheritance”
- Allow overloads of custom keywords in computation expressions
- Allow record types to implement interfaces just by adding the interface name when compatible
- allow use to not bind the expression to a name
- Hide Obsolete warnings on record initializer not using the obsolete field.
Open source projects
- FSharp.Core.Fluent – A collection of inlined methods allowing fluent access to all FSharp.Core functions for List, Array, Array2D, Array3D, Seq, Event and Observable.
- Prime – An F# code library for hardcore pure functional programming, and much more
- Bugfree.SharePoint.Analyzer – Projects SharePoint’s hierarchical metadata model onto a relational one for fast exploratory queries.
- FsActorApp – Serivce Fabric Reliable Actors in Fsharp
- FsUnit 2.1.0 is out with support of NUnit 3.2 and pretty-print of F# value types
- ExcelFinancialFunctions 2.3.1 (portable version)
- FSharp.Core.Extra 0.1.52
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #10