Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# is at number 11 at Tiobe
- Microsoft/VisualFsharp and fsprojects/VisualFsharpPowerTools rooms on gitter.
- If you deploy production code in F#, please add a testimonial.
- If you use F# with Azure – please contact David Crook
- Tomas Petricek updated his fancy-domain web with books & trainings.
- FAKE has basic support for Azure Cloud services
- FAKE 3.21 allows to run targets in parallel
- SEEK (Australia’s biggest job search site) is using FAKE.
- Tomas Petricek is working on new features for BigDeedle that let you treat partitioned big data source as a single series.
- Compose Conference – Type Providers and Error Reflection in Idris – David Christiansen
- Concurrency in F# – Riccardo Scannicchio
- Machine Learning for Programming – Peter Norvig
- Lambda Days and dev At Lodz – Andrea Magnorsky
- Fun Basic Preview – Phillip Trelford
- Master builders – Andrew Cherry
- Combining Wake County Real Estate Lookup with Wake County School Assignment – Jamie Dixon
- Back to School…Again – Eric Lobdell
- Programming Language Safety Algorithm – Steve Shogren
- Access Data Easier With F# Type Providers – Jonathan Wood
- F# Units of Measure – A Worked Example – Steven Pemberton
- Dependency injection – a functional way – Carsten König
- Interest in F# trending (slowly) upwards – IT World
- Custom attributes on F#’s Discriminated Union Cases
- Drawing some Turtles from a svg file generated by F# – Bjørn Einar Bjartnes
- A functional choice – Marc Costello
- Mocking IoT Telemetry Data with Azure – David Crook
- My F# Journey – F# Learning Resources – Derek Comartin
- Which programming language should I learn in 2015? – Matthew Adams
F# vNext News
- If you want a Cup<‘t> – participate in Visual F# Tools March 2015 Bug bash
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 0.35.0
- FSharp.Configuration 0.5.0
- FSharp.Quotations.Evaluator 1.0.6
- FSharp.TypeProviders.StarterPack 188.8.131.52
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient 1.6.2
- Chessie 0.0.23
- Aardvark.Base.FSharp 1.1.7
- Yaaf.FSharp.Helper 0.1.5
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #10