Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Announcing a preview of Visual F# 4.0 on VS 2015.
- Announcing .NET 2015 Preview: A New Era for .NET.
- .NET Core is Open Source.
- A fantastic day for Visual F# – VS Community Ed. supports extensibility, so you can use Visual F# PowerTools on free stack.
- What do you want from the F# Software Foundation? Ask them here.
- F# group in Utah was announced.
- “Onikira, Demon Killer” – a game with an F# inside.
- Added is a section to “Recommended Guidelines for F# Projects” on cultural processing of strings.
- FeldSpar – F# test framework with a new UI test runner.
- Rachel Reese will join Jet.com in Jan.
- We need a type provider for JSON-LD.
- Type providers meet MBrace.
- The dependency manager Paket lets your project reference GitHub source as well as NuGet packages.
- Interactive web development with jQueryUI & WebSharper.
- Support for VS2015 preview included in the latest release of FSharpLint.
- FSharpSupport for ASP.NET vNext is on NuGet.
- .NET 2015 & Managed Languages.
- Introducing F# For The Enterprise – Lincoln Atkinson.
- Taming GPU Threads with F# and Alea GPU – Dr. Daniel Egloff.
- Type providers (from the very beginning to the implementation) – Sergey Tihon.
- F# Streams – Gian Ntzik.
- Programming Games in F# – Andrea Magnorsky.
- Does the Paradigm You Use Make a Difference? – Simon Cousins.
- Blogging with F# on GitHub Pages – Colin Bull.
- Adopting F# in a C# Shop – Jamie Dixon.
- Introducing Cricket (formerly FSharp.Actor) – Colin Bull.
- Introducing FsReveal – Beautiful, version controlled presentations in the browser – Steffen Forkmann.
- Self-hosted WebSharper application template available – WebSharper Core Team.
- Month of spreading F# love in Poland – Michał Łusiak.
- F# script reminder – Robert Nielsen.
- Progressive F# Tutorials London 2014 – Phil Trelford.
- Suave in a Docker container on MS Azure using Xamarin Studio and Mono on a Mac – Sebastian Fialka.
- Functional languages rack up best scores for software quality – Paul Krill.
- Solution to the prisoner puzzle
F# vNext News
- Recently accepted PRs:
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 0.14.1 with new find-refs command, support for linking of HTTP files, better F# REPL support and use of Nuget v3 API.
- FsPickler v1.0.4 with ExceptionDispatchInfo serialization support in the CLR.
- FSharp.TypeProviders.StarterPack v18.104.22.168.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service v0.0.79.
- fsharp-mode (20141111.906)
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #45