Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Legally establishing the F# Software Foundation – FSSF needs your help.
- F# Advent Calendar 2014.
- FsReveal has just moved to fsprojects on GitHub.
- Elucidate – an alternative reading mode that renders markdown interspersed in code.
- Xamarin for Students is FREE.
- Prototyping FSharpSupport for ASP.NET vNext.
- BSON type provider was presented.
- mForex.API.FSharp – an official F# binding for mForex API.
- New type provider opportunity “JSON-LD Type Provider“.
- Functionland: A Romance of Many Paradigms – Troy Kershaw.
- F# Introduction by Jorge Fioranelli.
- Реактивное Программирование Роботов с помощью Fsharp и Mono – Stas Fomin.
- F# on the Web. 0 to Production in 12 Weeks – Ryan Riley.
- A practical theory of language-integrated query – Philip Wadler.
- FSLAB: DOING DATA SCIENCE WITH F# – Tomas Petricek.
- TAKING YOUR CRAFT SERIOUSLY WITH F# – Tomas Petricek.
- Loewensberg re-animated – Phil Trelford.
- Michael Newton presented his blog series “Typeprovider“.
- Recommended F# Beginner Resources – Mike Janger.
- Halloween Project (Garage Of Mystery) – Jamie Dixon.
- Blogging with F# on GitHub Pages – Colin Bull.
- Flux Compression (Redux) – Dave Thomas.
- F# Workshop: Learning a New Language – Mjolner.
- Ring probabilities in F#.
- Programming for Google Cardboard on iOS using F# – Larry O’Brien.
- Month of spreading F# love in Poland – Michał Łusiak.
- Puzzle: prisoners and switches.
- Safer Programming with F# – Pattern Matching – Ankit Solanki.
- Running F# on a PlayStation Vita – Anthony Brown.
F# vNext News
- Recently accepted PRs:
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Properly print ‘None’ for option types from FSI
- Avoid boxing when comparing value types
- Allow parameterless constructors in structs
- Add a Option.getOrDefault method as a curryable alternative to defaultArg
- An CLIVirtual attribute
- (structural subtype) polymorphism for discriminated unions [similar to polymorphic variants in OCaml]
- Allow negative indices in indexing and slicing like python
- Do not lock type provider dlls when compiling and by VS editor
- Warn when literal attribute is used with lowercase name
- Allow to declare new types inside functions
- Code Contracts support
- Paket v0.13.0-alpha00 with FSI support.
- FAKE 3.9.0 with support of Xamarin iOS archiving helper and x64 packages.
- FSPowerTools: v1.6.1 with Task List comments, major updates on Go to Metadata and many improvements.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service 0.0.76.
- FSharp.TypeProviders.StarterPack 184.108.40.206.
- Streams v0.2.5 with a new push/pull design and new pull-based combinators Stream.toSeq/zipWith.
- Aardvark.Base.FSharp v1.0.5.
- Accepted fsharp 220.127.116.11+dfsg2-3.
- Nu Game Engine Release v0.991.
- FSharp.Azure v1.0.1.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #44
One thought on “F# Weekly #45, 2014”