Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Final round of voting for the F# logo is live!
- NYC based stealth F# start up Jet.com raised $20 million!
- Jet.com is looking for F# instructors in NY area.
- Vote if you like an idea “Add F# documentation for Azure SDK“.
- Ini file type provider was added to FSharp.Configuration.
- Register now for the Progressive F# Tutorials in New York, Oct 2-3. (do not miss afterparty)
- Introduction to Xamarin.Forms with Brad Pillow. (+slides)
- Using F# in C# Projects with Brendan Duffy.
- F# scripting for 3D geometry in the construction industry by Goswin Rothenthal.
- F# News – September 2014 with Jorge Fioranelli.
- Type Systems – The Good, Bad and Ugly by Paul Snively and Amanda Laucher.
- Evelina Gabasova presented “Introducing Ariadne: F# library for Gaussian processes“.
- Andrea Magnorsky posted “Converting a small game from C# to F# part 1“.
- Jamie Dixon blogged “Consuming Azure ML With F#“.
- Sebastian Good shared “Little Performance Explorations: F#“.
- Lincoln Atkinson blogged “Response to “Little Performance Explorations: F#”“.
- András Jankó posted “2048 game with F# + WebSharper“.
- Ramón Soto Mathiesen wrote about:
- Christian Jacobsen posted “How to get a free Xamarin F# shirt“.
- Dave Fancher wrote “Musings on C#’s Evolution“.
- Joseph Hill published “Xamarin Evolve 2014 Speaker Spotlight: Rachel Reese“.
- Phil Trelford presented “FsiBot: Assorted Tweets“.
- Bernard Shoe published “Runge Kutta In F#“.
- Mathias Brandewinder blogged “F# Coding Breakfasts & Lunches: let’s code together!“.
- Cameron Taggart posted “Generating F# code using its AST“.
The F# Open Engineering Group News
- Online meeting was held – meeting notes were published.
- Interested in participation? Read more about how to get involved.
- “The F# Open Engineering Group: Goals and Remit” was updated.
- DRAFT of “Recommended Guidelines for F# Projects, Packages and Namespaces” was prepared. Please read and share your thoughts.
Core and Lang News
- Reed Copsey’s F# amendments to MSDN List<T> docs are now live! See Remarks and F# Examples.
- Don Syme updated status of F# 4.0+ Approved Language/Library Items.
- Don Syme is looking for volunteers to work on this F# 4.0+ language feature: adding support for ‘fixed’.
- Recently accepted PRs:
- “improved debugger type proxy for map” by jackpappas.
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- “implement windowed” by Patrick McDonald.
- “implement mapfold and mapfoldback” by Patrick McDonald.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket v0.2.26.
- FAKE v3.5.2.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service v0.0.62.
- FSharp.Data.Toolbox.Twitter v0.2.1.
- FSharp.Formatting v2.4.24.
- FSharp.Formatting.CommandTool v2.4.23.
- CloudSharper v0.9.19.2 is out with a Browse panel to develop web apps live.
- FSharp.Configuration v0.4.3.
- Debian package: Accepted fsharp 184.108.40.206+dfsg-1 (source all) into unstable by Christopher James Halse Rogers.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #37
4 thoughts on “F# Weekly #38, 2014”
Hi, when will be your next “F# weekly”?
Right now 😉 https://sergeytihon.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/f-weekly-39-41-2014/