Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Paket is ready for testing. Try it and send feedback.
- Interested in F# Support in Azure ML? Up vote this idea.
- New F# testimonial up now “Consulting for a large multi-national organization producing financial software“.
- Vote for F# support in Unity3D if you want it.
- Getting-started guide for F# GPGPU programming with Alea.cuBase has been updated.
- Project “Orleans” has F# samples.
- .NET v4.5.3 features were published.
- Join the discussion with Michael Newton about F# jobs and hiring.
- Released: SPCalendarRecurrenceExpander with parser and compiler in F#. Parses and compiles SharePoint DSL.
- The CUFP put the videos online from its 2014 congress.
- Composable queries in F# 3.0 with James Cheney. (slides & samples)
- “MBrace: Large-scale cloud computation with F# (CUFP 2014)” by Eirik George Tsarpalis.
- F# – Why you should give an F with Daniel Chambers
- Xamarin.Forms and F# in a minute with Troy Kershaw.
- “Caml Trading – Experiences with OCaml on Wall Street” by Yaron Minsky.
- Eric Sink posted “An F# newbie using SQLite“.
- Andrea Magnorsky wrote about “Writing Duality Components in FSharp“.
- Troy Kershaw blogged “Stay Pure and Don’t Become a Mutant“.
- Luke Sandell posted “Interesting Active Patterns“.
- Palladium Consulting shared “Tiny Julia, F#, and C++ Explorations“.
- Robert Half Technology wrote “F# 101: A Basic Breakdown for C# Developers“.
- Roymon TP shared “Introduction to F# (F-Sharp)“.
- Tim Jones blogged “Writing a MiniC-to-MSIL compiler in F# – Part 5 – Code generation“.
- Tim Jones blogged “Writing a MiniC-to-MSIL compiler in F# – Part 6 – Conclusion“.
- Martin Schinz posted “A Vagrant Mono Box to Explore FSharp on Linux“.
- Yan Cui wrote about “Metricano – simplifying application monitoring“.
- Mathias Brandewinder blogged “fsibot: now with 100% more Enterprise!“.
- Bryan Edds posted “Introducing the Nu Game Engine – the World’s First Practical, Purely Functional Game Engine, and Why it Matters to You… Or Not.“.
- Alex Casquete wrote “Expresiones de consulta en F#“.
- masuda wrote “F#でOpenCvSharpを使ってカメラキャプチャする“.
Core and Lang News
- Visual F# Team updated the page with Visual F# Tools priorities.
- Recently accepted PRs:
- “fix url of fsharp.org website” by esada.
- “updated project templates” by Reed Copsey.
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- “implement seq.scanback” by Patrick McDonald.
- “add –version to fsc/fsi to show ver” by esada.
- “implement list.truncate and array.tr” by Patrick McDonald.
- “implement unfold” by Patrick McDonald.
- Paket v0.1.1.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service v0.0.61.
- CloudSharper v0.9.19 & v0.9.19.1.
- R.NET F# Utility v0.1.9.
- FSharpComposableQuery v1.0.3-beta.
- FSharp.Formatting v2.4.22.
- FSharp.Formatting.CommandTool v2.4.22.
- FSharp.Quotations.Evaluator v1.0.1
- FSharp.Compiler.CodeDom v0.9.1.
- Intelliplan.JsonNet v2.0.0.
- Intelliplan.JsonNet.NodaTime v2.0.0.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #36
One thought on “F# Weekly #37, 2014”