A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# 3.1 Compiler/Library Code Drop was announced!
- Don Syme presented Xenomorph Type Provider.
- FsProjects(F# Community Space for incubating open community projects) was formed.
- New release of SqlCommandProvider and docs.
- F# binding auto-complete running in SublimeText 3.
- All existing StanfordNLP NuGet packages were updated up to v3.3.0.
- FSharp.Owin has a new name – Dyfrig.
- Use F# in Excel without Tsunami! Code Editor is now part of FCell!
- Simple web servers with Suave.
- New F# introductory programming class to be taught at Bellevue College starting 1/25.
- New cross-functional (F#, Haskell, …) meetup group was formed in Copenhagen.
- Ryan Riley is working on a big change for Frank-fs and would appreciate any feedback.
- Which F# community project has the best logo? Vote by replying to this tweet.
- “Reasonable Code with F#” by Mike Falanga
- “Simpler Data Access and Smarter Calculations” by Paulmichael Blasucci.
- “Intro to F# pattern matching” by Stephen Olsen.
- “Using F# to change the way we work” by Jon Harrop.
- “F# in Finance Tour” by Phil Trelford
- “F# and Financial Data Making Data Analysis Simple” by Tomas Petricek.
- “F# in the cloud” by Yan Cui.
- “Calling and extending the F# compiler” by Don Syme & Tomas Petricek.
- Xenomorph blogged “Putting the F# in Finance with TimeScape“.
- Cyan By Fuchsia posted “FsUnit and Visual Studio 2013 “Could not load file or assembly ‘FSharp.Core, Version=126.96.36.199 …’“.
- Jamie Dixon wrote about “F# and SignalR Stock Ticker Example“.
- Vasily Kalugin wrote “Silverlight F# (Fsharp + XAML) application. Access to WebCam using only F#“.
- Don Syme wrote “Announcing the F# 3.1 Compiler/Library Code Drop (from the Visual F# Tools Team at Microsoft)“
- Don Syme blogged “Putting the F# in Finance with Xenomorph TimeScape: A World of Financial Data at your Fingertips, Strongly Tooled and Strongly Typed“.
- Don Syme blogged “How to contribute to the F# support in Xamarin Studio, Emacs and more“.
- Don Syme blogged “Microsoft’s “F# in Finance” in London – Initial Report“.
- Christoph Rüegg wrote “Test Your C# or F# Library on Mono With Vagrant“.
- Daniel Mohl posted “Adding New Items to a Pure F# ASP.NET MVC/Web API Project“.
- http://www.geekswithblogs.net published “Running Session Scripts with F#“.
- Antonio Parata wrote about “Words permutation for passwords generation“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #47