Welcome to F# Weekly,
This past week was full of interesting events and happenings. If you follow F#, you must read all of this carefully. The roundup of F# content:
- F# is now available on FreeBSD!
- Matlab Type Provider is available now.
- Does F# need a type-safe data-frame library? How should it look? (Discuss here)
- Ensure you have your say and vote or contribute to F# user voice.
- If you like F#, let MSR know about it.
- Just released a new beta of Tsunami IDE! Excel support back in as are 3rd party plugins.
- If you know any women interested in functional programming, let them know about lambdaladies.com.
- Updated F# Formatting is now on NuGet – with better line-number formatting, tables & Latex support.
- Functional Programming Using F# is available now.
- Record improvements were merged into MongoDB.FSharp.
- Time to vote for the sessions you want to see at DDD East Anglia in Cambridge on June 29th.
- Follow @FCellAddIn to get updates about FCell, integrating F# and C# with Excel.
- Cleaned-up version of LazyList was added to ExtCore.
- Free personal licenses for Alea.cuBase are available.
- The Manifesto for Not Only Object-Oriented Development now in Czech/Danish/French/German/Russian/Spanish.
- “Functional DSLs for Biocomputation” by Colin Gravill.
- “Building a MMORPG with F#” by Yan Cui. (post)
- Michael Bayne posted “F# Cheat Sheet“.
- Gustavo Guerra blogged “Building Type Providers – Part 1“.(!!!hot!!!)
- Don Syme posted “F# on FreeBSD“.
- Yossi Kreinin shared “Parallelism and concurrency need different tools“.
- Damir Arh published “Windows Phone 7.5 Application Development With F#“.
- John Liao wrote “Riak Links and Link Walking with F# and CorrugatedIron“.
- Nick Palladinos posted Clojure’s Reducers in F#.
- Tomas Petricek blogged “Power of mathematics: Reasoning about functional types“.
- Phil Trelford announced “F# UK ton of Meetups“.
- Richard Dalton wrote about “Learning to think Functionally: Memoization“.
- Juan M Gomez published “Reaching the Nirvana: MvvmCross + Xamarin.iOS + FSharp“.
Scott Wlaschin posted “How to design and code a complete program“.
- Scott Wlaschin posted “Railway oriented programming“.(!!!hot!!!)
- Scott Wlaschin posted “Why I won’t be writing a monad tutorial“.
- Sergey Tihon shared “Live tweets from Alea.cuBase F#-for-financial-GPU event in London.“
- Phil Trelford wrote about “F# Deep Dives“.
- Lincoln Atkinson blogged “A Twitter search client in 10 lines of code with F# and the JSON type provider“.
- Sergey Tihon blogged “Three easy ways to create simple Web Server with F#“.
- Gene Belitski posted “If Google would be looking to hire F# programmers – part 5“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #19