Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Free book: F# DESKTOP APP DEVELOPMENT STARTING WITH .NET 6
- Bolero 0.20 released (A new HTML syntax on .NET 6)
- C# 11 Preview Updates – Raw string literals, UTF-8 and more! – .NET Blog (microsoft.com)
- Marten is leaving the .NET Foundation
Videos and Slides
- Reading through F# Weekly with StachuDotNet – Twitch
- Absolute Beginner’s guide To F# Part 1 (will redo in Full HD) – YouTube
- Azure DevOps Podcast: Mark Seemann: Code That Fits In Your Head – Episode 189
- Is C# getting slower? – YouTube
- ASP.NET Community Standup – Controller Binding Updates in .NET 7 – YouTube
- Simple physics in F# and WPF – Mårten Rånge
- Guide for C# devs to learn F# real FAST – Andres G. Aragoneses
- Simple physics game in F# and WPF – Mårten Rånge
- Optics and Aether – Matt Gallagher
- .NET 6 Runtime for AWS Lambda Unveiled – David Ramel
- Uno Platform Taps Xamarin for .NET WebAssembly Memory Profiler Support – David Ramel
- .NET 7 WebAssembly Plans: Mixed-Mode AOT, Multi-Threading, Web Crypto – David Ramel
- .NET Celebrates 20 years and brings us a GIFT🎁: New .NET 7 Features Revealed – Dotnetsafer
- Can’t automatically F5 Start a .NET 6 app · Issue #1689 · ionide/ionide-vscode-fsharp
- Improve Error Reporting: Make FS0039 easier to read at a glance. · Issue #13012 · dotnet/fsharp
- Improve Error Reporting: Make FS0072 less intimidating. · Issue #13013 · dotnet/fsharp
- F# language suggestions:
- ninjarobot/FSharp.Text.Docker: Build dockerfiles and run docker commands from F#
- JamesRandall/ServerlessLinkShortener: Ridiculously simple serverless (AWS) link shortener
- JordanMarr/Feliz.UseIsVisible: A Fable.React hook that determines whether a component is currently visible on the screen.
- Bjorn-Strom/FSS – dependency free CSS library for dotnet that provides statically typed styling for your projects and aims to cover a huge part of the CSS spec
- JamesRandall/FSharpTetris: What it says on the tin.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
If you want to help keep F# Weekly going, click here to jazz me with Coffee!
2 thoughts on “F# Weekly #17, 2022 – new Bolero, FSharp.CosmosDb and C# 11 Preview”