Welcome to F# Weekly,
This week’s F# Weekly is sponsored by Compositional IT – Functional First, Cloud Ready solutions. Check out their training and coaching and consultancy offerings including SAFE support, with expert guidance from experienced consultants.
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Typing Assists, Code Analysis for Unused Opens, and More F# Updates in Rider
- Starting the .NET Open Source Revolution
- ML.NET 0.9 Release Notes
- Test Driven Development Studio
- Giraffe has crossed the 1000 stargazer mark
- Functional Dependency Injection for Giraffe, Saturn and ASP.NET Core middleware adapters.
- Top Five World’s Most Underrated Programming Languages
- Learning Visual F# – website changes and notification re. second edition of Volume I using VS2019/.NET Standard.
- New year, new GitHub: Announcing unlimited free private repos and unified Enterprise offering
- VS Code: Now creating pull requests
Open FSharp 2018
- Krzysztof Cieslak / Challenges of post-OSS world
- Eirik Tsarpalis / A Saga of Migration: Porting Existing F# Systems to .NET Core
- Krzysztof Cieslak/ Reinventing MVC pattern for web programming with F#
- Darren Platt / A Year in Paradise: Full stack F# for Synthetic Biology
- Don Syme / F# Code I Love
- Eugene Tolmachev / Building Highly Available Systems with Apache Storm
- William Blum / MSRD: A Microsoft online service built entirely with F#
- Tomas Petricek / Build your own Excel 365 in an hour with F#
- Evelina Gabasova / Enabling Data Science Research with F#
- Jeremy Abbott / The Curious Case of Task vs. Async.
- Eugene Auduchinok / State of F# Support in JetBrains Rider
- Erik Novales / Functions as Interfaces: Extend Everything!
- Phillip Carter / The challenge and rewards of F# growth
- Alfonso Garcia-Caro / Fable Got a New Major Release and You Won’t Believe What Happened Next
Videos & Slides
- Event Sourcing DIY 04 – Business Logic and Behaviour – Roman Sachse
- Create a Recommendation Model in ML.NET – Jon Wood
- Hackathon Superweapon: F# and Fabulous – Larry O’Brien
- An Introduction to Chiron – codesuji
- [F# Game Tutorial] Setup Environment – YJ Park
- Choose your own adventure in F# – Oskar Gewalli
- Functional Programming Adventures in 2019 – Kunjan Dalal
- Learning F# — Part 9 — |> – Vijesh Salian
- Daily Coding Problem 1 – znprojects
- Daily Coding Problem 2 – znprojects
Open source projects
- fsprojects/Fabulous – F# Functional App Development – Elmish for Xamarin.Forms
- kunjee17/FabScaffold – Scaffold application to get started with Fabulous
- JacobChang/Senses – A prototype for dataset labelling build with SAFE stack
- TeaDrivenDev/Amagatsha – Command line utility for saving and restoring Visual Studio document window layouts across different Git branches.
- MiniScaffold 0.13.0
- Expecto v8.7.0
- Frank 5.0.1
- Fable.MaterialUI v3
- MessagePack.FSharpExtensions 1.4.1
- ILSpy 4.0 RC2
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #1, 2019
2 thoughts on “F# Weekly #2, 2019 – Open FSharp 2018 Videos”