Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- New book ‘Stylish F#’ by Kit Eason is ‘text complete’
- Microsoft Infer.NET machine learning framework goes open source!
- Migration to Fable 2 & Fable 2 REPL
- The bookstore SAFE sample app is now fully converted to Fable 2
- Vote for the 2018 Fable Heroes!
- Announcing the Compositional IT YouTube channel
- Announcing Orleans 2.1
- Blazor 0.6.0 experimental release now available
- Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8
- Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio for Mac Support Updates
- How to upgrade extensions to support Visual Studio 2019
- .NET Core 2.0 has reached end of life
- Web Assembly and Blazor: Re-assembling the Web
Videos & Slides
- Co-Recursive Interviews #020 – Concurrency and FP with Riccardo Terrell
- Live Programming in F# (vol. 2) – Scott Nimrod
- F# and Xamarin development – Steamdeck replacement?? – Gareth Hubball
- Ordering System – Toni Lucca
- You Got Logic in my Functional Programming! – Dave Curylo
- Building Fabulous mobile apps with F# – Jim Bennett
- Azure Functions and Azure Storage: secure authentication with Managed Identities and without managing keys! – Lena Hall
- REST API with MongoDB and F# on .NET Core – Leo Cavalcante
- Unboxing and Exploration – Mafinar Khan
- Writing to Azure Storage With F# – Larry O’Brien
- A History of .NET Runtimes – Matt Warren
- Open F# 2018 – bretthall
- Black-Scholes-Merton, F# and AVX2 – #1 – Franco Tiveron
- Immutability in .NET – Eowind
- New ideas:
Open source projects
- ronaldschlenker/FsHttp – A lightweight F# HTTP library.
- FsToolkit.ErrorHandling – utility library to work with Result type in F# to do error handling.
- Prolucid/FsShelter – Author Apache Storm topologies with F# using statically-typed streams
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #39, 2018