Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# Helpers for Azure DevOps
- Phillip’s office hours from Slack, 2018-09-18
- New version of Ionide is out with reference CodeLens
- Giraffe 3.0.0 with huge perf improvements for the GiraffeViewEngine and more
- Fable and TypeScript – Love Story or Forbidden Affair?
- Blazor 0.6 apps can be built in other .NET languages or without .cshtml files!
- Latest results of Zebra performance vs ASP.NET core
- Giraffe Documentation
- Writing a JIT Compiler in C#
- Announcing ‘Machine Learning .NET’ 0.5
- Announcing Azure Pipelines with unlimited CI/CD minutes for open source
- Azure Pipelines now available in GitHub Marketplace
- GitHub Pull Requests in Visual Studio Code
- Announcing .NET Core 2.2 Preview 2
- Performance of FASTER in C#
- The future of ASP.NET SignalR
- Get This Fantastic Book about .NET Memory Management!
- Xamarin.Forms 3.2.0 Released: Going Big with Little Things
- Updating your .NET project dependencies with Dependabot
- What’s new with F# 4.5 (slides)
- Machine Learning in .NET (ML.NET)
- AI for Every Developer
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Every .NET Developer
- Welcome to .NET Conf 2018!
- What’s Coming to C#?
- Build Great Libraries using .NET Standard
- Latest Productivity Updates in Visual Studio 2017 Update 15.8
- Visual Studio for Mac Tips & Tricks
- Retro Computing with .NET
- 5 Azure Services Every .NET Developer Needs to Know
- Put your C#, VB and F# projects and packaging on a diet
- .NET Core CLI and Global Tools
- Azure DevOps for .NET Teams
- Building your Open Source projects with Azure Pipelines and Azure
- Azure Durable Functions for Serverless .NET Orchestration
- What’s New in Xamarin Forms?
- Blazor: Modern Web development with .NET and WebAssembly
- Making Mobile App Programming Simple With F# – Don Syme (feat. Jim Bennett)
- BDD in a Functional World – Chris Roff
- How to look like a statistician: a developer’s guide to probabilistic programming – Evelina Gabasova
- .NET Design Reviews: Hardware Intrinsics (Intel)
- TWC9: Azure DevOps Launch, .NET Conf 2018, GitHub PR Extension for VS Code, Mario Madness and more
- YOW! 2017 Ken Scambler – Adopting FP: A Human-First Approach
- Introducing F# Analyzers – Krzysztof Cieślak
- Elmish Xamarin Forms from Fable point of View – Kunjan Dalal
- F# – A trading strategy backtester #3 – Franco Tiveron
- Using MiniProfiler with FSharp – Akos Lukacs
- Information Accounting: Budget Your Code – Tiny Giant Books
- Build your first Web API with F#, Giraffe and host it on Azure Cloud – Aram Koukia
- Give me Monsters! (Part 5) – Mathias Brandewinder
- Visual Studio 2017 v15.7 Brings F# Up to Par with C# – David Ramel
- Reporting data from ClickUp (or any) API in F# – Tamás Srancsik
- Replacing FAKE target strings with types – Julien Roncaglia
- OSS Build and Release with VSTS – Oren Novotny
- F# Language and Compiler Release Notes
- The F# TypeProvider SDK now has a template for creating a basic type provider and packaging it for all F# tooling including .NET SDK.
- Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8.5
- Compiling non-.NET SDK style F# projects results in an internal MSBuild error unless MSBuild parallelism is set to 1.
- F# is not NGEN’d in Visual Studio.
- F# deploys the FSharp.Core 126.96.36.199 binary in the 188.8.131.52 location.
- New ideas:
- Compiler warning when `obj` is inferred as a type
- Allow results of `match!` to be bound
- Adapt differentiated F# and vectors, matrices, tensors as core data types
- Use on multiplae binding (`let x, y = …` compiles, but `use x, y = ..` not)
- Generic struct type whose fields are all unmanaged types is unmanaged
- remove type augmentation eviction notice
- create an fsi.RemovePrinterTransformer method
Open source projects
- jet/falanx – Generates F# code from proto3 definition files
- jimbobbennett/SqueakyAppLinuxAndMac – A version of the default Fabulous app template running on Linux and macOS
- lqdev/RemarkFS – FSharp Markdown Slide Creation Tool based on Remark
- DieselMeister/FSharpris – Tetris Clone in F#
- mavnn/elmish-tutorial – This tutorial teaches people how to use Fable, Elmish and Fulma to build a simple UI
- mvsmal/saturn-boilerplate – Boilerplate for Saturn project with FAKE 5
- Zaid-Ajaj/fabulous-simple-elements – An alternative view rendering API for Fabulous (Elmish Xamarin.Forms) that is easy to use and simple to read, inspired by Elmish on the web.
- nosami/SokobanFabulous – Sokoban game for iOS and Android written in F# using Xamarin Fabulous framework
- CompositionalIT/SAFE-Dojo – An introductory dojo to learn how to develop full stack web applications in F#
- fsharplang-ru/Fable.SemanticUI – React.SeamanticUI to Fable bindings
- Giraffe 3.0.0
- SQLProvider 1.1.52
- Fantomas 2.8.1
- MiniScaffold 0.12.0 is out with support for scaffolding of console apps
- WebSharper 4.5.2
- Hopac v0.4.1
- FSharp. Data. Npgsql 0.1.44-beta
- Linq. Expression. Optimizer 1.0.12
- Rider 2018.2.3
- Fable. MaterialUI 1.3.2
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #36, 2018