Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Interested in F# positions? Follow @fsharpJobs.
- `ionide-webview`is released! In-editor preview of FsReveal, FsLab or any other web projects.
- New Suave book “Suave Music Store” is released.
- XrmDefinitelyTyped is released on GitHub.
- FsLint integration in Visual F# PowerTools vNext is amazing
- WebSharper.Suave was announced.
- E-commerce challenger eyes the top spot, runs on the Microsoft cloud
- The Gamma: Programming tools for data journalism with Tomas Petricek
- Tour of language landscape – Yan Cui
- Data science the functional way – Evelina Gabasova
- Delegate.Sandbox: I/O side-effects safe computations in F# – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- Ionide is a New Atom-based F# IDE Written in F# – Sergio De Simone
- The Gamma: Simple code behind interactive articles – Tomas Petricek
- C# and F# approaches to illegal states – Vladimir Khorikov
- Flag Design With F# And GDI+ – Mohammad Shuvo
- Using F# To Calculate Health Insurance Tax Subsidy Rates – Khalid Abuhakmeh
- Operator precedence: F# and Haskell – Kevin Cantù
- Exercises in Programming Style–Pipeline – Yan Cui
- Finally – GPUs are Coming to Azure! – Daniel Egloff
- What I Learned Reading the FSharp Source Part One – LogoAndre Dubli
- Finding The Second Lowest Item In A List Using C# and F# – Khalid Abuhakmeh
- F# Friday – The Seq.distinct Function – Brad Collins
F# vNext News
- F# Compiler Technical Overview
- Try out the coreclr version of the F# compiler on Windows.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- implicit upcast of return values
- Add anonymous modules
- Add compiler-warning when using mutable or ref
- Add blittable type constraints in order to support more robust native interop
- Allow finer-grained control of “open”, like Haskell’s “import hiding”
- Make F# quotations and FSharp.Reflection usable with mscorlib and FSharp.Core for other target profiles
- Allow type providers to create and provide aliased types
- Make type aliases enforceable at compile time
- AleaGPU v2.2 with support for curand
- FeldSpar Test Framework for F# 0.6.0.1
- Akka.NET .FSharp.API.Extensions 0.1.0.1
- Ionide-fsharp 1.3.0
- DiffSharp v0.7.0
- fsharp-mode (20151002.1124) — F# mode for Emacs
- FsUnit.xUnit 1.4.0-beta5 with xUnit 2.1 support
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #39