Welcome to F# Weekly,
Note that F# Weekly goes to summer holidays under the gentle Spanish sun. The next edition of F# Weekly will be published on the first of September.
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- .NET Team released fixes for RyuJIT.
- F# 4.0 Signals A Culture Change
- Akka.NET Goes to Wall Street
- Neo4j Type Provider was presented by Peter Bayne.
- Lots of F# courses now available on Pluralsight: take your pick!
- Delegate.Sandbox (IO side-effect free) library was presented.
- Machine Learning in Action – in F#
- FAKE 4.1 is released and allows using F# 4.0 in build scripts. Also support for Squirrel installer
- Multi-stage Programming in F#
- F# is back to the Tiobe language index, above Swift and R.
- Using Deedle from C#
- Changes in atom-fsharp. New syntax highlighting and formatting document
- Tomas Petricek is the Teacher of the Year 2015 Finalist
- Awesome F# Course made it to the Azure stretch goal
- WebSharper.Charting – a simple radar chart
- FsAutoComplete 0.23 is released. Update for VS2015/F# 4.0 support
- saTrilogy.Etw – F# ETW EventSource
- F# Type Providers: The Current State – Sergey Tihon
- JVMLS 2015 – Compilers are Databases – Martin Odersky
- Algebraic type sizes and domain modelling – Scott Wlaschin
- Choosing between collection functions: A guide for the perplexed – Scott Wlaschin
- F#, REPL Driven Development, and Scrum – Jamie Dixon
- Building Azure Service Fabric Actors with F# – Part 2 – Isaac Abraham
- Type Driven Development: composition – Mark Seemann
- Generating emoji art using F# – Alex Humphrey
- Going Functional : Merge and Quicksort in F# – Pawan Mishra
- Bulk Updating S3 Files in F# with AWS .NET SDK – Cody Sand
- Functional Programming vs OOP – Mike Mogosanu
- Introducing FunSharp – Phillip Trelford
- Unit Testing Your Xamarin Forms Applications With F# And FsUnit – Jon Wood
- F# Card Game Part 2 – Dealing Cards – Reid Evans
- Evaluating mathematical expressions by hand with F# – Ronnie Holm
- F# Friday – Pattern Matching, Part 4: Active Patterns – Brad Collins
F# vNext News
- The last 11 commits to the Visual F# repo were from 11 different contributors living in 9 different countries.
- RyuJIT Bug Advisory in the .NET Framework 4.6
- Recently proposed ideas:
- FSharp.Azure.Storage 2.0.0
- FSharp.Azure (deprecated) 1.0.3
- FSharp.QueryProvider 1.0.3
- FSharp.RDF 1.0.71
- FSharp.Qualia 0.1.3
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #32
One thought on “F# Weekly #33, 2015”