Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Voting is now open for the F# Software Foundation Board of Trustees election!
- F# Software Foundation Annual Members Meeting is coming. Join as a member to attend.
- Documentation for the F# Azure Storage Type Provider was published.
- F# can control Apple Watch.
- Visual Studio 2015 RC is available for download now.
- F# News – April 2015 – Adam Korczynski
- Clutter-Free Programming – John Azariah
- Creating cross platform mobile apps using F# and Xamarin – Chidotnetmob Devsgroup
- Slides for my Craft-Conf meetup talk on DSLs and F# – Yan Cui
- Running Suave.io and F# with FAKE in Azure Web Apps with Git and the Deploy Button – Scott Hanselman
- Introducing F# 4.0 – Jonathan Allen
- Writing Monte Carlo Simulation for Derivative Pricing with Alea GPU – QuantAlea
- F# Xaml application – MVVM vs MVC – Māris Krivtežs
- Finding unused code (F#) – Jef Claes
- WebSharper site enhancements – Adam Granicz
- Why you should join F# Vienna – Andreas Schlapsi
- Introduction to Parser Combinators – Santi Albo
- Boswell, an open source error tracking library for WinRT – Alex Hardwicke
- Four MLs (and a Python) – The Breakfast Post
- Some Tips for Using C# Libraries in F# – Tamizh Vendan
- Catch of the month, April 2015 – Mathias Brandewinder
- Global Azure Bootcamp: Car Lab Analysis – Jamie Dixon
F# vNext News
- Rounding out Visual F# 4.0 in VS 2015 RC
- Quote Satya Nadella at Build 2015 – “F# is probably better for that.” (Webcast on demand: 7:30)
- Help Visual F# Team steer F# 4.0 through the final phase to release (please get involved).
- Recently proposed ideas:
- FsCheck 2.0.0-alpha (an awesome automatic testing tool for C# and F#)
- Paket 1.3.3
- Akka.FSharp 1.0.1
- EventStore.Client F# API 4.0.2
- FSharp.Compiler.Tools 184.108.40.206
- FSharp.Formatting 2.9.4
- Yaaf.FSharp.Scripting 1.1.6
- Period.FSharp 0.1.1
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #17