Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Are you on the Slack? Do you want to have/to be a mentor? Join F# mentoring program.
- Visual F# PowerTools v1.8.0 is released – Easter edition with Navigate to Source & many improvements & bug fixes.
- Mono 4.0.0 is released (some open source Mono code replaced with “more efficient” open source Microsoft code).
- Xamarin Studio 5.9 was released in alpha channel. It includes a ton of fixes for F# and Xamarin. Mac unified support with templates.
- The F# Path to Data Scripting Nirvana is top rated and in the top 5 most viewed of dotnetconf.
- LINQPad 5 will have F# support!
- Kamil Wojciechowski presented Cronix (CRON like library, which allows to create windows service that will execute user defined tasks at given point in time)
- Sandor Rakonczai published F# logo in pure CSS
- “Speed. I am speed.” works for F# like a charm. – Sync.Today
- Feedback Request – F# Autocompletion for LinqPad
- Tomas Petricek added API Reference to FSharp.Formatting
- VB is going all lower case just like С# and F#.
- Ross McKinlay wrote type provider for Slack.
- Akka.NET v1.0 is Code Complete.
- Spinning up “planets” with F# and OpenGL on mono – Mathias Brandewinder
- Course: Unit Testing with F# – Mark Seemann
- Literate_programming.With(“F#”) – Tomas Petricek
- Paket package resolution algorithm – Steffen Forkmann
- Why I Don’t Like the C# Language – Warren Young
- tldr; I ditched $IDE for F#/C# development in Emacs straight. – ioctl
- Routing in Nancy from F# – Dax Fohl
- How to use Vagrant and quickly setup a reproducible development environment for FAKE – Steffen Forkmann
- Creating a crosswalk table between WCPSS School assignment results and school report card school list – Jamie Dixon
- LambdaCon 2015 – Michael Newton
- Checked errors in F# – Jef Claes
- Pattern matching in action using C# 6 – Tomas Petricek
- Design Pattern: Abstract Factory – Alex Hardwicke
- Are You My Type? – Dave Thomas
- Unit Testing with F# Pluralsight course – Mark Seemann
- Step-10 Refactoring Composition Root – Tamizh Vendan
- Minsk F# User Group: New logo and wallpapers – Sergey Tihon
- 4 reasons to write your tests in F# – Claus Sørensen
- Generating music in F# part 3: Note values – Simo Råman
- Kick Off Build 2015 with Xamarin! – By Joseph Hill
- Slides from LambdaCon – Yan Cui
- Escrevendo testes de unidade com F# – Elemar Júnior
F# vNext News
- An open engineering birthday for Visual F#
- Please take the time to install the latest Visual F# Tools preview and help find the remaining bugs.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 0.38.4
- FSharp.Compiler.Service 0.0.87
- FSharp.Compiler.CodeDom 0.9.2
- FSharp.Control.AsyncSeq 1.15.0
- FSharp.Control.Reactive 3.1.2
- FSharp.Formatting 2.8.0
- FSharp.RDF 1.0.35
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #13