Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- New F# meetups in Johannesburg, South Africa & Cambridge.
- FSharp.InteropServices.Dynamic was presented.
- Akka.NET F# API
- Alpha version of a Chess type provider is out.
- Ross McKinlay works on new generation type provider.
- Now, F# works on Raspberry Pi 2!
- Contact Scott Hanselman to propose talks for @dotnetconf a Microsoft-run online/virtual conference for .NET
- Jet.com’s Valuation Nears $600 Million Before Launch (F# start-up)
- F# Show 3: Jet – Using F# to Revolutionize Ecommerce with Rachel Reese
- On Meta Programming and Code Generation in F# – Pouya Larjani
- Blast from the past: Don Syme with some .NET/C# Generics History & Photos From Feb 1999
- Simplifying F# Type Provider Development – Dave Fancher
- Enterprise Tic-Tac-Toe – Scott Wlaschin
- Implementing Interfaces In F# Using Object Expressions – Jonathan Woo
- Simplifying State with Async (with XNA/WPF examples) – Neil Danson
- Upcoming in WebSharper 3.0: serving REST APIs, easy as pie!
- On TDD and chiseling – Bjørn Einar Bjartnes
- Diamond mirrors – Einar W. Høst
- hekate — functional graphs for f# – Andrew Cherry
- aether — breaking changes – Andrew Cherry
- F# vs C# – what is this programming key change all about? – Webigence
- Generating C# code using F# – Maxim Kovtun
- Using DBSCAN for fun and (mostly) profit in Elite:Dangerous – Mark Watts
- Tips for the Websharper Novice – Frank Joppe
- F# First look at Continuation Passing Style(CPS) – Michael Coxeter
- Type system for the win: phantom types – Carsten König
- Functional event-sourcing – let’s playback with fun – Carsten König
- Functional event-sourcing – compose – Carsten König
- Descubriendo F# – David Osteso
- Post invitado: Programación funcional, un nuevo enfoque – esmsdn
F# vNext News
- Check out the latest FSharp 4.0 Preview 02-11-2015.
- Check out F# FSI debugging support from Lincoln Atkinson: comment, review and try it out (attach-debugger-to-F#-interactive in Visual F# Tools).
- dotnet/coreclr has a gitter chatroom, any F# developers interested in the coreclr might want to check it out.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Release the F# Visual Studio plugin code
- Allow type providers to affect update-check
- Make the single-line use of [<Literal>] consistent
- Include an Option workflow in the std. lib
- Add more persistent collections
- Utilise CLR union types for discriminated unions
- Add ‘except’ function to core collection modules
- Add Haskell-style operator sections
- Paket 0.27.5
- CloudSharper 0.9.27
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient 1.5.9
- Akka.FSharp 0.8.0
- fszmq 4.0.8
- FSharp.Control.Reactive 3.1.1
- EventStore.Client.FSharp 3.2.1
- Logary 2.5.1
- OpenNLP.NET 1.6-rc2
- Stanford.NLP.NET 3.5.1
- Stanford.NLP.Parser.Fsharp 0.0.10
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #6