Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- FsReveal has now a new FAKE target which allows you to deploy your slides to GitHub pages.
- Visual F# PowerTools Tip: use “Ctrl Shift + Arrow Down/Up” to navigate between next/previous highlighted references.
- Shared some inside about Jet.com.
- Number of unique people tweeting about F# per day is increasing
- Vote for F# support in add web jobs in Visual Studio (if you like an idea)
- RProvider works on the Mac
- F# is added to Stackshare
- Leveraging Functional Programming for Data Science – Richard Minerich
- F# News – December 2014 – Hadi Eskandari
- F# in social gaming (CodeMash 15) – Yan Cui
- F# on the Web: 0 to Production in 12 Weeks – Ryan Riley (+code)
- Why your F# evangelism isn’t working – Eric Sink
- RSDE positions at Microsoft Research, Cambridge – Don Syme
- Concurrency, performance and F# – Mårten Rånge
- F# Record Types With Entity Framework Code-First – Jamie Dixon
- Using F# on a Raspberry Pi – Andre Van Der Merwe
- Tweaking Sublime Text themes to take advantage of Retina displays on Windows – Nikos Baxevanis
- Spelling checker in F# – Frank Joppe
- In the Age of Web: Typed Functional-First Programming Revisited – Tomas Petricek, Don Syme
- Fibanacci: Hopac vs Async vs TPL Tasks on .NET and Mono – Vasily Kirichenko
- Why you should learn F# in 2015 (and how)? – Tomas Petricek
- MonoGame, F# and Santa! – Greg Duncan
- Mastermind, The Code Breaking Game – Richard Dalton
- Working with Non-Compliant OWIN Middleware – Ryan Riley
- FAKE Final Targets – Sergey Tihon
- Recreating the Star Wars opening crawl in AutoCAD using F# – Part 1 – Kean Walmsley
- Recreating the Star Wars opening crawl in AutoCAD using F# – Part 2 – Kean Walmsley
- Recreating the Star Wars opening crawl in AutoCAD using F# – Part 3 – Kean Walmsley
- Recreating the Star Wars opening crawl in AutoCAD using F# – Part 4 – Kean Walmsley
- F# Match Expressions – Michael Coxeter
- FSharp.Msisdn – Torbjørn Marø
- Step-4 Build Automation Using FAKE – TamizhVendan
- Fun with L-system – Mathias Brandewinder
F# vNext News
- Visual F# and Roslyn will both be moving to GitHub next week!!!
- First Visual F# Tools Preview of 2015 includes localized templates.
- Recently accepted PRs:
- Recently proposed RPs:
- Recently proposed ideas:
- Paket 0.22.9
- FSharp.Formatting 2.6.0
- F# Data Toolbox (Twitter) 0.5.0
- FSharp.Configuration 0.4.9
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient 1.5.8-beta1
- WebSharper 3.0.8-alpha
- CloudSharper 0.9.25
- MathNet.Numerics.FSharp 3.5.0
- Suave 0.21
- Logibit Hawk 0.4.0
- Logary 2.3.2
- irc-fs – An IRC client library for F#
- FSharp.Quotation.Disassembler 0.1.0.1
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #1
2 thoughts on “F# Weekly #2, 2015”
i discovered your site a couple weeks ago and really like it. keep up the good work!