Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from past weeks:
- MBrace framework is now open source – join the community.
- Amyris won presidential green chem award for Farnesane. This is an (very applied) F# application.
- Are you using FsCheck from C#? Care to write a little documentation?
- Feel free to jump into the SO F# chat and ask questions!
- Initial version of ProjectScaffold docs was published.
- Barcelona F# Meetup Group & Kyiv F# User Group were registered.
- Confirmed that Visual F# Power Tools Rename works with ReSharper 9.
- iFSharp now has intellisense for `r` and `load` directives.
- F# package for AWS DynamoDb has progressed a lot recently.
- Natallie Baikevich presented the first draft of .mat type provider.
- Event-driven services via F# and EventStore with Lev Gorodinski
- Functional Programming – Erik Meijer.
- Hacking the Dream Cheeky Thunder Missile Launcher, Part 2 – Jamie Dixon.
- Retrieving GitHub download counts – Steffen Forkmann.
- 24hrs in F# – Phil Trelford.
- 10 Reasons To Use F# – Jon Wood.
- More F#, Xamarin.Forms and MVVM – Brad Pillow.
- Programmatic access to project references using MSBuild APIs on .NET and Mono – Robin Neatherway.
- Classic mashup: An FSharp coding dojo – Richard Gibson.
- Bird Watching with Clojure — The Thrush(y) – Mike Harris.
- Project Euler – Problem 61 Solution – Yan Cui.
- Project Euler – Problem 80 Solution– Yan Cui.
- Project Euler – Problem 64 Solution– Yan Cui.
- Project Euler – Problem 68 Solution– Yan Cui.
- Xamarin Studio 5 – Robert Nielsen.
- Print out the maximum depth of recursion allowed – Jef Claes.
- Getting a WebSharper project up and running on Mac OS X – Mike Janger.
- F# – Katrina Owen.
- Expresiones de consulta en F# – Alex Casquete.
F# vNext News
- Recently accepted PRs:
- “improved debuggertypeproxy for map” by Jack Pappas.
- “hash/eq/distinct/group perf” by Don Syme.
- “doc cleanup” by Don Syme.
- “fix incorrect code gen for uom” by Vladimir Matveev.
- “implementing “tryitem”” by Max Malook.
- “implementing “item”” by Max Malook.
- “option.filter (re-issue)” by Mark Seemann.
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- add an active pattern for decimal by Veritax.
- made mutables automatically boxed by Matthew Parkinson.
- provide asyncdownloadfile and -data by mexx24.
- Recently proposed ideas:
- FSharp.Compiler.Service 0.0.71 (with project file parser and some API renaming).
- Paket 0.8.6 (release notes).
- FSharp.Formatting and FSharp.Formatting.CommandTool 2.4.33.
- FSharp.Control.Reactive 2.4.0.
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient 1.4.1.
- FSharp.Desktop.UI 0.7.0.
- FAKE – 3.6-3.7.
- CloudSharper 0.9.20.3.
- fsharp 188.8.131.52+dfsg2-1
- Stacks FSharp 1.0.1
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #39-41
3 thoughts on “F# Weekly #42, 2014”
А ты говоришь по русски?