Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Enjoy F# chat on StackOverflow.
- WebSharper UI.Next now has a shiny new website.
- First wave of samples for WebSharper bindings to WinJS 2.0.1.
- Taha Hachana shared his first WebSharper UI.Next experiments.
- FSCL 1.3 is online(New project structure, NuGet packages, FSCL organisation, GitHub pages with docs and tutorials)!
- The HomeBrew build for F# is unwell, a problem with resgen.exe. Can any homebrew + mono experts help? 🙂
- F# FreeBSD package is updated to 188.8.131.52. All you need is to ‘pkg install fsharp’ (well, run ‘pkg update’ first).
- A new interesting SO reply by Edinburgh University’s James Cheney about a new approach to dynamic LINQ queries in F#.
Core and Lang News
- Please install the latest version of Visual F# Tools preview. Help to find the remaining issues!
- Check out Don’s prototype for “Allow static arguments to Type Provider methods eg M<“ABC”>()“. (+docs)
- Is anyone interested in working on speeding up the F# compiler?
- Mårten Rånge was tweaked the F# compiler to generate faster IL code for ‘for x in xs do …’ when xs is a ‘T list.
- A new issue in Visual F# 3.1.2 “Visual F# 3.1.2 build actions missing“.
- “Functional thinking, a universal tool for the digital world” with Nicolas Rolland.
- “Intoduction to Homotopy Type Therory” by Jack Fox.
- “Option Types using F#” by Jorge Fioranelli.
- “F#事例発表” by bleis tift.
- Mathias Brandewinder blogged “Picasquez vs Velasso: Classics Mashup with F#“.
- Palladium Consulting posted “How Many Children are Leaving Central America: F# Edition“.
- Mark Seemann blogged “How to create a pure F# ASP.NET Web API project“.
- Simon Fowler posted “Animating single-page applications with UI.Next“.
- Richard Dalton wrote “Active Patterns: Single Case Total Pattern“.
- Senthil Kumar posted “How to Find the Sum of odd numbers from 0 to 100 in F#?“.
- htid46 wrote “Visual F# Power Tools の紹介“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #30