Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- NUnit is now integrated right in the Xamarin Studio.
- Visual F# PowerTools hit 11000 downloads!
- F# Charting docs were improved.
- A new user group in Chennai, India was announced.
- Steffen Forkmann is working on suggesting to fix a typo in a type name.
- Bryan Edds released v0.952 of the F# Game Engine, “Nu Game Engine“.
- FsLexYacc is released with improved IDE integration.
- WcfStorm is written in F#(partially).
- F# Type Provider for Apache Hive.
- FunDomain is F# Event Sourcing reference implementation derived from FsUno.
- Access the World of WarCraft web API using F# type providers!
- Taliesin is OWIN routing middleware using F# Agents.
- Tomas Jansson shared a sample of calling ElasticSearch from F#.
- Open source F# + KDB+ connector (And KDB 32-bit is now a free download)!
- New examples were added to OpenTKExamples.
- FCell 2.5 with user plugins for integration with source code repository and nuget feeds is now available at fcell.io
- FsPickler site is released.
- FsPickler supports BSON serialization!
- Jack Pappas presented Facio example projects!
Core and Lang News
- F# 4 is long lead items needing bake time, no official date for F# 4.0, 3.1.3 is 3-4 months after Oob 3.1.2.
- More portable profiles are being enabled in the Visual F# tools!
- Working on Visual F#? Then please discuss an introduction of PowerShell.
- Jack Pappas has been working on F# 3.1.3, help by reviewing his PR “Type resolution bugfix for arrays“.
- Do you want some key binds for reset and clear all in F# FSI? Anh-Dung Phan has got you covered – review the PR here.
- Jack Pappas has been working on F# 4.0, please review and comment on his PR for “Additional NativePtr intrinsics“.
- Get started on the F# project system by fixing “Multiple folders in fsproj with same named resource will not load“.
- Improve F# debug ranges for loops with a fix for “Debug ranges wrong in for loop with non-int32 counters“.
- Work with Don Syme to propose a fix for “Reflected definitions mismatch the type of method“.
- Could you help us with this issue: “The F# build still has too many build warnings“?
- “Immutability, State and Scale – Functional, Distributed Applications in Azure” by John Azariah & Mahesh Krishnan.
- “Circularities and Modularity in the Wild” with Don Syme. (+slides)
- “F# for the Web” with Ryan Riley.
- Aggelos Biboudis posted “Clash of the Lambdas, updated“.
- InfoWorld published “14 excellent reasons to use F#“.
- Daniel Mohl posted “Improvements to the F# Web Templates“.
- Simon Fowler blogged “WebSharper.UI.Next: An Introduction“.
- Vesa Karvonen wrote “Equality Forall and forever“.
- Chet Husk posted “Parsing RAML with FParsec, Part 1: Background and Goals“.
- Jamie Dixon blogged “Neural Networks“.
- Ronnie Holm wrote about “Creating a simple build server in F# to execute FAKE scripts“.
- Dave wrote “Suave.IO vdir to run choose routes relative to a path“.
- Yan Cui blogged “Elm – functional reactive dreams + missile command“.
- Ronnie Holm posted “Trustpilot challenge: crack AES encrypted message“.
- Frank Krueger wrote “My Xamarin Studio F# Wishlist“.
- Sergey Tihon blogged “Guess a project by logo“.
- Colin Bull posted “Type Providers, Record / Union Types and Constant Type unsupported“.
- Olivier Dahan published:
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #28