Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Round 2 of the F# logo voting is now live! Please cast your votes!
- You still have a chance to get a free F# t-shirt.
- If you use StackOverflow and code in F# – join StackOverflow F# chat room.
- Visual F# Power Tools 1.3.0 is released with resolve unopened namespaces and modules. Do you like any of VFPT features? Send your reviews!
- Core part of Visual F# Power Tools is published on NuGet as an independent package.
- Don Syme would really like to see someone add a “summary of versions” table to the F# wikipedia page, like this one for C#.
- F# is sitting comfortably at #13 on the TIOBE index.
- Codio: A Multi-language IDE with F# support was announced.
- Course on F# for finance with Deedle, domain-specific languages & lot more. Starting in Oct 2014!
- CloudSharper 0.9.14 is released with a revamped dashboard and a nice solution tree.
- Luke Sandell introduced the COM Type Provider.
- OpenNLP ported to .NET.
- Two F# + Docker options were published.
- New FSharp.TypeProviders.StarterPack is release.
- Microsoft Research Z3 Theorem Prover became available for purchase.
- Z3Fs – Simple DSL to solve SMT problems using Z3 API in F#.
- Visual Studio “14” CTP 2 is available now.
Core and Lang News
- Visual F# Team shared their current priorities.
- Visual F# Team published “Status of F# 4.0+ Approved Language/Library Items“
- Visual F# Team updated F# 3.1.2 preview build that will be the next Out Of Band F# release due end of the month.
- Visual F# Team posted the guide “How to Debug the IDE“
- The Visual F# IDE unit tests are now open source! ~4K tests covering intellisense, squiggles, proj system, etc.
- Should VFSI support intellisense? What do you think?
- Jack Pappas has implemented the new NativePtr intrinsics.
- Don Syme sent pull requests for:
- New Features in Xamarin V3 and High Level Overview
- “The Trouble With Types” by Martin Odersky (About a new programming language Dotty(Scala 3.0?)).
- Bartosz Sypytkowski posted “Map Reduce With FSharp and Akka.net“.
- Cameron Taggart published “Debugging into F# Type Provider Source Code“.
- Ted Neward wrote “Fun with C#“.
- Tomas Jansson blogged “So you want to program the web with FSharp?“.
- Jamie Dixon wrote about “Terminator Program: Part 2“.
- ZDNet published “F# and functional computing languages: Out of the lab and into your business“.
- Palladium Consulting published “Talking about F#“.
- Per Ökvist blogged “Exploring F# through modeling #3“.
- Cameron Taggart wrote about “Size of Xamarin Store Apps on Android“.
- Rahul Garg published “Getting F# running on Linux“.
- Yan Cui blogged “Contrasting F# and Elm’s record types“.
- Juan M Gómez posted “Conociendo los Type Providers“.
- Alex Casquete shared “Uniones discriminadas y jerarquía de objetos“.
- Olivier Dahan posted:
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #27