Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Visual F# PowerTools: 3 months, 15 contributors, 700 commits and 5.6k downloads. It has been an amazing journey!
- NET Framework 4.5.2 was announced.
- Steffen Forkmann’s pull requests to Visual F# were accepted (Removing #IF SILVERLIGHT from the compiler : 1, 2).
- Dave Thomas was awarded an F# Bad Ass award for his work on F#!
- F# Data 2.0.8 is released with several bug fixes.
- FSharp.Data.SqlClient v1.2.21 was released.
- FsAttoparsec 0.2.0 was released.
- Looks like Avro could work well with an F# type provider.
- F# Windows Service project template was added to FSharp Community Templates.
- MITIE-Dot-Net (A Nice .NET Wrapper for the MITIE Information Extraction Library) was presented.
- Fslog (A simple yet powerful F# logging framework) was presented.
- New beta of ReportGenerator for code coverage reports has better F# support.
- MEF 2 was released.
- Single page with all .NET SDKs was presented.
- Symas LMDB is new type-provider candidate.
- Cross-platform mobile with F# & Xamarin with Rachel Reese.
- Creating Type Providers: Hands On with Michael Newton
- AdditionTypeProvider by Juan M Gómez.
- Top 10 algorithms in data mining.
- Jamie Dixon posted “Kaplan-Meier Survival Analysis Using F#“.
- Daniel Chambers blogged “Announcing FSharp.Azure – An Idiomatic F# Azure Storage API“.
- Abdul Muhit shared “The slow adoption of Functional Programming in banks“.
- Michael Newton wrote “Type Safe Printf via Type Providers“.
- Kaveh Shahbazian presented “A simple and straight forward Single File Windows Service template for F#“.
- Daniel Chambers posted “Modifying Azure Table Storage Data using FSharp.Azure“.
- Skills Matter published “Guest Post: The F#unctional Londoners User Group“.
- Functional Works presented “Programming Passion…“.
- Michael Newton blogged “Functionally SOLID 2“.
- Isaac Abraham “Azure Storage Type Provider re-released“.
- Richard Dalton finished his “Learning to think Functionally” series with post “Learning To Think Functionally : Readability“.
- Daniel Chambers blogged “Querying Azure Table Storage Data using FSharp.Azure“.
- Andrea Magnorsky posted “Why F sharp and functional programming in general.“.
- Sacha Barber wrote about:
- masuda posted “F # + Xamarin.iOS + Xamarin Studio“
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #18
One thought on “F# Weekly #19, 2014”