Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Now you have an ability to subscribe to F# Weekly by email.
- You can join F# community on Gittip right now!
- On the next week .NET Fiddle will release a new version with F# integration.
- Learn more about the FSharp.Compiler.Service project and follow @FSCompService.
- FSharp.Compiler.Service 0.0.3-alpha is now on NuGet.
- Fantomas v1.0.5 was released with full F# 3.1 support, Mono compatibility, various improvements and bug fixes.
- F# code formatting is coming soon to Xamarin Studio!
- FrankFs just turned 2.0.0! Check out the new and improved docs.
- Yan Cui introduced log4net.Kinesis, a log4net appender for Amazon Kinesis.
- Rare event: Bug was found in F# compiler.
- FAKE needs a cool logo. Any ideas?
- Apparently, Don Syme is less an F# aficionado than Tomas Petricek.
- New Functional South Coast (Southampton) user group was registered.
- There are plenty of ways to join or contribute to WebSharper.
- Love F# and Sublime Text? Philip David Harvey needs help finishing his F# autocomplete plugin.
- Stanford CoreNLP for .NET was updated up to v3.3.1.
- New version of LinqOptimizer 0.4.8 is on NuGet (C# and F# versions)
- ExtCore 0.8.40 was released (Including significant performance improvements for HashMap & HashSet).
- New F# code sample was posted on Rosetta Code.
- An onsite training course “Functional Programming with F# .NET Training Course” is available from JJB International.
- James Freiwirth shared PerfectShuffle.OAuth (A simple OAuth 2.0 implementation)
- Ollie Riches works on Simple WPF F# Repl.
- Vasily Kirichenko works on YamlTypeProvider.
- Light Table is open source and ready for F# integration.
- Interested in AutoCAD development with F#? Read these.
- Phil Trelford posted “Small Basic Compiler“.
- Jamie Dixon blogged:
- Visual Studio FSharp Team shared “Seattle user group, Feb 13: F# on iOS with Xamarin Studio and Mac“
- Tomas Petricek blogged “Coeffects: The next big programming challenge“.
- Jack Fox wrote about “Transparent Heterogeneous Parallel Async with F#“.
- Phil Trelford posted “Extending Small Basic with Function Procedures“.
- Michael Newton wrote “Type Provider ProTip“.
- Sergey Tihon announced a new service “Subscribe to F# Weekly by Email“.
- Gordon Hogenson prepared “Excel automation in F#” links collection.
- Jeffrey Sax wrote “Data Frame Library Preview“.
- Terje Tyldum posted “F# charting challenge“.
- Sergey Tihon blogged “F# Kung Fu #2: Custom Numeric Literals“.
- Dawid Kowalski posted “F#, Deedle and Computational Investing“
- James D’Angelo wrote “Simple.Web F# Project Template Updates“.
- Dave Fancher posted “The Book of F#: Early Access!“
- Chao-Jen Chen blogged “F#: Connect to InteractiveBrokers via ActiveX“.
- Yan Cui write “Filbert v0.2.0 – performance improvement on decoding“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #1
One thought on “F# Weekly #2, 2014”