A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- F# jumped to 20th place of TIOBE index.
- Doing F# in free time? Start a new open source project from FSharp.ProjectScaffold template!
- New (version 4.0.4) fszmq is released with shiny new website (fszmq has been officially accepted into the ZeroMQ community organization).
- Phillip Trelford presented Resource File Type Provider (BitBucket repo).
- Steffen Forkmann presented DynamicsNAVProvider.
- Yan Cui presented Amazon S3 Type Provider.
- Ross McKinlay presented new SQL Provider.
- New FsPickler performance test results became available.
- LinqOptimizer 0.4.1 is on NuGet for F# and C#.
- FsLab is not a myth anymore!
- C# 6.0 looks more and more like F# with nulls.
- With NAudio, F# and Excel Kit Eason can produce a graph of what a plucked guitar string is doing.
- New features for Azure type provider are welcome.
- WebSharper 2.5 is available on NuGet.
- Canopy v0.9.0 was released.
- F# MVC 5 project template already available.
- Nikos Baxevanis posted “Semantic Equality Comparison in F#“.
- Daniel Mohl wrote about “A Few Other Template Additions and Changes of Interest“.
- Ross McKinlay blogged “The Erasing SQL type provider (codename John)“.
- Dmitry Sevastianov wrote “Simple bond valuation“.
- Jamie Dixon posted:
- Tomas Petricek wrote “Understanding the world with F#“.
- Michał Łusiak posted “Using redis with F# on Windows“.
- Craig Stuntz blogged “Let’s Build a Compiler… In F#!“.
- Steve Gilham shared “An introduction to Functional Programming in F# — Part 2: Lexers and Parsers“.
- Don Syme wrote “New Visual F# Templates for ASP.NET, Web API, MSTest and Nancy Now Available“.
- Maxime Rouiller published “Community Update (2013/12/12) – Static files in #OWIN, #Fsharp templates and more as well as One #ASPNET“.
- gab_km posted “Let MailboxProcessor Act“.
- Simon Dickson blogged “Nancy + F# = Fancy“.
- Ross McKinlay wrote “SqlProvider : SQLite support (experimental)“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #49