Welcome to F# Weekly,
So it’s summer, but F# Weekly is still with you. A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Please vote for F# support for semantic merge.
- Coding F# on an iPhone. Hosted Compiler Services coming soon! (with Tsunami)
- New portion of CloudSharper screenshots was published:
- Learn how Microsoft’s Bio Computing Group is using F#.
- The full Lambda Jam Chicago schedule is now available.
- Lewis Brown’s project has been accepted to Summer of Code 2013! He’ll be working on F# refactoring for MonoDevelop.
- $2000 bounty for a TekPub presentation on F# “60 to 90min of what you can do with F# for people have never seen it”.
- FCell Add-In evaluation is now publicly available from Statfactory.
- ExtCore 0.8.23 is out with improved HashMap & HashSet, plus a new LruCache data structure.
- Want to know “Who is reading the “F# Weekly”?”, read this.
- http://razor.servicestack.net/ was successfully ported to Heroku, using F#.
- First preview version of Brahma.FSharp ispublished on NuGet (BrahmaFSharp is a F# quotation to OpenCL translator).
- “F# on iPad and iPhone in Xamarin Studio” by Neil Danson.
- Tomas Petricek & Don Syme on Processing data with F# 3.0 and type providers.
- “Create Excel User Functions in C# and Visual Studio” by FCell.
- Mathias Brandewinder posted “Discretizing a continuous variable using entropy“.
- Richard Broida blogged series of posts in his A Sir Eel World (all source code is available on GitHub):
- Valdis Iljuconoks posted “StyleCop, F# and Excel“.
- Don Syme posted “F# London Meetup this Thursday: F# on iPad and iPhone in Xamarin Studio with Neil Danson“.
- Don Syme wrote “Zurich FSharp Meetup: Embrace the Cloud with F# (Wednesday, May 29, 2013)“.
- Juan M Gomez wrote “Reaching the Nirvana: MvvmCross + Xamarin.iOS + FSharp“.
- Phil Trelford posted “Pissed off owls“.
- Gene Belitski posted “If Google would be looking to hire F# programmers – part 7“.
- Dave Thomas blogged “Some Kind of Monster“.
- Martin Trojer wrote “Scala and me“.
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #21
One thought on “F# Weekly #22 2013”