Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Gustavo Guerra released “LearnOnTheGo” – Windows Phones App for Coursera.
- Tomas Petricek shared source code of an F# wrapper for gnuplot charting library. Be free to improve it!
- New Canopy web site with documentation was released (and new Canopy 0.7.2).
- Shared new WebSharper custom twitter widget for F#. (by Taha Hachana)
- Kaggle use F# for their data analysis tools and more.
- Read how GameSys are using F# for server-side programming to support millions of active mobile and social game users.
- A first cut at the fsharp.org page about using F# for machine learning. Please contribute.
- An initial fsharp.org page about data access with F#. Please contribute.
- Alea.cuBase 1.1 Preview 1 (1.1.467) released!
- 16 minutes from bug report to deployed fix by the F# community. Now that’s service!
- MathNET Numerics v2.5 was released, should resolve quite a few issues, better performance and F# support!
- Released backports of .NET 4.5 IReadOnly* interfaces.
- Mike Harris posted “On CPS – Part 2“.
- Yan Cui blogged “Be Lazy, but be ware of initialization exception“.
- Steffen Forkmann wrote “Stati-C/AL Prism – Static analysis for Microsoft Dynamics NAV reloaded“.
- Anton Kropp shared “Capturing mutables in F#“.
- Sergey Tihon blogged “F# Exception Formatter“.
- Don Syme wrote “Learn F# in New York – Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek, 30 April – 1 May“.
- Loic Denuziere posted “WebGL and glMatrix Extensions for WebSharper Released“.
- Don Syme shared “Learn F# – Hands On: This Thursday, London F# Meetup“.
- Sergey Tihon wrote about “F# null trick“.
- Heather Cynede posted “F# : OpenShark“.
- Mr. D wrote about “First hand experience with F#“.
- Richard Dalton posted “C# is too damn noisy“.
- Matthew Adams blogged “Which programming languages should I learn: Beginners Edition“.
- Daniel Mohl shared Presentation – Modern Software Architectures: Building Solutions for Web, Cloud, and Mobile“.
- Visual Studio FSharp Team posted “An Update to the F# Microsoft Dynamics CRM Type Provider Sample“.
- “Ten reasons NOT to use a statically typed functional programming language“.
- Taha Hachana shared “Native Drag and Drop with WebSharper“.
- Sergey Tihon reblogged “Running F# Interactive from Windows context menu“.
- Faisal Waris wrote “Visualizing a Schedule using F# and the .Net Visualization Library“.
Pingback to the past:
- “Equality and Comparison Constraints in F#” by Don Syme.
- “F# async on the server side” by Brian.
- F# Metaprogramming series by Gene Belitski:
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #14