Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Concurrency in .NET – Final PDF eBook Edition available now!
- WHAT’S NEW IN FAKE 5?
- What’s Next for Visual Studio? VS2019!
- Microsoft + GitHub = Empowering Developers
- Logary is not completely free anymore, you need commercial license if you use it with any Microsoft web stacks technology.
Videos & Slides
- F# Friday! Jeff is learning the F# language (June, 8)
- Event Sourcing with F# and Azure Cosmos DB – Roman Provazník
- Software Design with Scott Wlaschin
- Lance Harper – Reason coming from F# | ReasonConf 2018
- Functional Adventures in F# – Type-safe identifiers – Eowind
- Organizing F# Modules Into Separate Files – Luis Quintanilla
- CoreRT – A .NET Runtime for AOT – Matt Warren
- New F# Versioning is coming!
- RFCs for F# 4.5:
- F# RFC FS-1037 – Subsumption for Union Constructors
- F# RFC FS-1047 – (match! syntactic sugar in computational expressions)
- F# RFC FS-1053 – voidptr, IsReadOnly structs, inref, outref, ByRefLike structs, byref extension members
- F# RFC FS-1054 – permit undentation on [ … ] and [| … |]
- F# RFC FS-1055 – subsumption for yield in sequence/list/array expressions
- F# RFC FS-1057 – Make Enum cases public
- New ideas:
Open source projects
- ASOS/MongoChains – Database migration tool for MongoDB
- dotnet/machinelearning-samples – F# samples
- FSharpPlus – Extensions for F#
- braid – high performance reactive rpc library for exposing your services in a secure way, with very little code, and to consume them in any language, runtime, and platform.
- FAKE 5.0.0
- FSharp. Core 4.5.0
- ML.NET 0.2
- FSharpx. Collections 2.0.0-beta2
- Logary 5.0.0-beta.15
- FSharp. Collections. ParallelSeq 1.1.2
- VS Code 1.24
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #22, 2018