Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- What is the burning question for the future of .NET / Core CLR / Mono today?
- What would make an epic and awesome functional programming / F# side track for you?
- New docker image is created with the latest Visual F# 1.0.0-alpha-160318 and .NET Core cli build
- Vote here if you would like to see F# to JS compiler that uses TypeScript.
- Suave may support live reload of F# code!
- MahApps.Metro uses Paket.
- You can now rate and review extensions on VS Code marketplace
- Microsoft Build 2016 sessions are now listed.
- The week in .NET – 3/22/2016
- History and Philosophy of types (Lambda Days 2016) – Tomas Petricek
- A brief history of programming languages (Lambda Days 2016) – Andrea Magnorsky
- F#, Azure and the Web – the best of friends with Isaac Abraham
- Functional Reactive Programming with NUI, Part 2 – Riccardo Terrell
- Функциональное программирование на F# в обработке больших данных и машинном обучении – Дмитрий Сошников
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 30 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 31 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 32 – Ernest Pazera
- The Joy of Functional GameDev Project 2 Episode 33 – Ernest Pazera
- Creating VS Code plugins with F# and Fable – Krzysztof Cieślak
- Kaggle Home Depot competition notes: features – Mathias Brandewinder
- Capture Video in 2 Lines of Code – Boris Kogan
- Sentiment Analysis in F# – Stephen Ireland
- Property based testing in the real world – or how I made my package manager suck less – Steffen Forkmann
- A Sneak Preview of #fsharpX 2016 – @Felienne
- Exercises in Programming Style–Spreadsheet – Yan Cui
- Exercises in Programming Style–Lazy Rivers – Yan Cui
- Functional Actor Patterns with Akka.NET and F# – Mikhail Shilkov
- Avoiding Silly Mistakes with F# Unit of Measure – Mark Heath
- Simulating microservices using F# and Suave.io – Michal Franc
- Sentiment Analysis in F# – Steve Ireland
- A Performance Comparison of Alea GPU C# and CUDA C++ – Daniel Egloff
- Which is the fastest unicorn so far? – Edgar Sánchez
- How WebSharper.Warp works behind the scene – Kimserey Lam
- How to Daxif, delete all accounts (part 1) – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- Hack your commit history for fun and profit – Yan Cui
- F# – Functors with Record Types – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- Is it time to learn F#? – Liam Mclennan
- Writing efficient and reliable code with F# Type Providers – Leif Battermann
- Introduction to Functional Programming and FSharp for CSharp developers – Amit Choudhary
- F# – LeftPad (Updated) – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- ThoughtWorks Technology Radar: Assess F# – Edgar Sánchez
- Dockerizing Suave Music Store on mono – Tomasz Heimowski
- Static vs. Dynamic Functional Languages – Sami Badawi
- Recently proposed ideas:
Open source projects
- Fakta – A Consul + Vault F# library
- generator-suave-microservice – Yeoman generator for Suave (Micro)Services.
- ServiceFabricSuaveStateful – Sample of stateful and stateless Service Fabric services with Suave and NetMQ
- Infers – A library for deriving F# values from their types and, in a way, a direct application of the Curry-Howard correspondence aka Propositions as Types.
- Logibit.Hawk – An F# Hawk implementation with a strongly typed API that guides your usage and minimises security programming errors.
- fsharp-demonstrator – A sample server-side web app with support to run in the Azure App Service
- hype – Compositional Machine Learning and Hyperparameter Optimization
- Fable beta (F# to JS compiler) has been released to npm
- LanguageExt.FSharp 1.7.30
- Prime 1.4.0
- Nu Game Engine v1.7
- NLog.FSharp 4.2.3
- Extreme Optimization Numerical Libraries for .NET v6.0
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #12