Welcome to F# Weekly,
A roundup of F# content from this past week:
- Do not miss F# Advent Calendar: English and Japanese versions are starting today.
- Please help these F# projects achieve “green” status for cross-platform CI builds.
- FAKE most probably is the best .NET build system of today.
- If you’re feeling lonely, tweet #fsharp. You have 88% probability that someone will RT or favorite it.
- A new book: Machine Learning Projects for .NET Developers by Mathias Brandewinder.
- A new Type Provider opportunity: hal+json.
- Using FSharp.Data? If you can, please help Gustavo Guerra scale CsvProvider to 5GB+ files
- Introduction to Machine Learning (Using R and F# with examples from Kaggle competitions) – by Akim Boyko
- All-round strongly-typed approach to MS CRM – Ramón Soto Mathiesen
- F# and Open Source – Andrea Magnorsky
- Streams – Nick Palladinos
- Modelling environment update for plankton study – Matthew Smith (The ecology group at Microsoft Research have been using F# to model the science of plankton)
- An introduction to property-based testing – Scott Wlaschin (FsAdvent)
- Your application should be a pure function – Tomas Jansson
- What is Behind the Rendering Design of DotPdf? – Steve Hawley
- f(by) Minsk 2014 – Phil Trelford
- Sending SMS on NServiceBus in FSharp – Bjørn Einar Bjartnes
- Typed Hack of Cloudant using F# – Kunjan Dalal
- Generating valid F# source code for testing with FsCheck – Anh-Dung Phan
- Generating Permutations: Clojure or F#: Part 1 – Boris Kogan
- Working with Non-Compliant OWIN Middleware – Ryan Riley
- Introducing SourceLink.SymbolStore – Cameron Taggart
- Project reference resolution using FSharp.Compiler.Service – Robin Neatherway
- F#’s strongest year yet – Martin Trojer
- Evolution of the F# Empty WPF Template – Daniel Mohl
F# vNext News
- Recently accepted PRs:
- Recently proposed PRs (please review and comment):
- Recently proposed ideas:
The F# Open Projects Group is looking for a primary active maintainer for the following repositories:
- Paket 0.17.1.
- Math.NET Numerics for F# 3.3.0 (+signed version)
- FSharp.Quotations.Evaluator 1.0.4
- FAKE 3.10 released with support for MSBuild 14, couple of new MSDynNAV features and new csc.exe helper.
- EventStore.Client F# API 3.0.2
- FSharp.CloudAgent 0.2
- FSharp.TypeProviders.StarterPack 22.214.171.124
- Emacs F# mode v1.5.0.
- fsharp-mode (20141125.1614)
That’s all for now. Have a great week.
Previous F# Weekly edition – #47